Who are we?
At Aerison, we provide our people with the support they need to grow and develop their skills, as we believe our people are the key to our success.
Aerison provide services across the minerals and mining, hydrocarbons, infrastructure and power generation industries. Covering the complete asset and project life cycle, from developing new projects to enhancing existing assets, we deliver solutions that utilize world-leading, progressive and innovative technologies.
The Role & Opportunity:
We are currently seeking a suitably experienced Mechanical Project Engineer for our highly successful Specialist Projects & Services division. Reporting to the Project Manager, this role will see you working on projects of various size and scopes at Aerison. This highly variable role is responsible for contributing to the execution of projects, ensuring milestones and client, company and statutory requirements are met.
The position is a full-time opportunity based out of Aerison's head office in West Perth, with regular site travel being a key requirement of the role. The successful candidate will have proven experience in a similar position, is highly organised, adaptable and thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. You will possess strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills, and have the ability to clearly articulate complex issues and engage with stakeholders at various levels. For the right applicant, the role will offer competitive remuneration and autonomy.
Responsibilities of the role will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Provide engineering solutions and deliverables
- Monitor the implementation of multiple projects, maintain programs and budgets and coordinate reviews for forecasting and corrective action
- Carry out Engineering Assurance/Design Scrutiny activities including; Design review, Engineering Change Process, Australian/International/Internal standards compliance,
- Design verification and validation against specifications and witnessing of type and routine tests including installation acceptance
- Continually monitor progress and identify potential risks before they become issues
- Fully understand and drive adherence to all Safety Policies and Procedures
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with clients that leads to future opportunities
- Providing regular reporting to management on project progress
To be successful in this role, you will require the following experience, qualifications and attributes:
- Minimum 3-4 years Project Engineering experience
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Solid experience in mining, materials handling and/or industrial projects highly advantageous
- Experience in Dust/filtration, modularisation and switch room construction is an advantage
- Previous site experience will also be considered favourably
- Knowledge of OH&S Legislation and responsibility is essential
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to excel under pressure, with competing priorities & continue to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and a can do attitude
What can we offer you?
- A permanent role with a company on a solid growth path
- Varied work scope with different clients, sites and projects
- Opportunities to progress to senior engineer and management roles
- Competitive remuneration
- Skilled and talented team to work with
WE’RE FOCUSED ON IMPROVING YOUR SKILLS
Every year at Aerison, we employ a significant number of workers across a range of project types and our focus is to continually hone the skills and improve the performance of these people. Proof of the success of this approach lies in the fact that the majority of our management team started in trade-based environments. If you’re looking for a secure, structured and well supported career path, we encourage you to apply for this position.
START AT THE TOP
For over three decades, we have successfully delivered multi-disciplined services to an ever-increasing range of sectors. These include minerals and mining, oil and gas, government and private infrastructure, power generation and environmental industries. Our commercial focus is two-fold and includes complete project delivery via our Design and Construction model as well as special projects requiring single disciplines such as engineering or fabrication.
OUR CULTURE INSPIRES PERSONAL EXCELLENCE
We are unashamedly focused on safety, accountability, resilience and quality performance at all times – and we provide a supportive working environment that promotes the principles of fairness, respect and, most importantly, integrity.
WE KEEP VERY GOOD COMPANY
We pride ourselves on building and maintaining partnerships based on mutual trust and respect. This has resulted in many long-term and productive relationships with local, national and international industry leaders including Blue Chip companies.
FLEXIBLE AND INCLUSIVE
Our people come from all walks of life and we provide a flexible employment approach that reflects this diversity. We endorse gender and Indigenous balance and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for these positions.
To apply for this position with Aerison, please click on the "Apply" button.